Indonesia’s Lewotobi Laki-Laki volcano, Where to now?
Indonesia’s Mount Lewotobi Laki-Laki erupted anew, spewing ash clouds above its peak as authorities raised the volcano’s alert status to the highest level.
If you have been directly affected by this event and need medical assistance, please call our 24-hour emergency assistance team immediately on +61 2 9333 3999. We further urge you to pay close attention to the local media and emergency services, including the DFAT Smart Traveller website.
Am I Still Covered For Claims Related To This Event?
- If you bought your policy before 12:00am (AEDT) on 11th December 2023, you are covered for claims arising from this event, provided that you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
- If you bought your policy after 12:00am (AEDT) on 11th December 2023, you are not covered for claims arising from this event, even if you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy. However, we will assess your situation considering all aspects of the case.
If you wish to cancel or amend your pre-booked travel arrangements as a result of this event, we recommend you contact your travel agent or travel provider regarding the best option in altering your trip. We understand some airlines provide penalty-free options to amend travel arrangements, so we also recommend you contact your airline for further details.
Important Information: You will not be covered for any claims related to this event if you did not buy the natural disaster cover add-on, regardless of when you bought your policy. However, all medical claims related to natural disasters are covered automatically on all our international policies, regardless of whether you purchased the natural disaster cover add-on.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies