Travel Insurance for America
A holiday to America offers 50 states to explore of varying culture, cuisine, history, and landscapes. Experience the untamed wilderness of Alaska, the tropical paradise of the Hawaiian Islands, or the glitz and glamour of cities like New York and Los Angeles.
There is no shortage of destinations within America, all of which offer incredible holidays. There are however several things to be aware of when travelling in America such as natural disasters, driving on the opposite side of the road, and expensive medical treatments which will not be covered by Australian Medicare. You may wish to try your luck in Las Vegas but don’t leave your travel chance by not protecting yourself with insurance.
Why Travel With Us to USA?
Unlimited overseas medical expenses
24 hour emergency assistance
Baggage cover up to $15,000 on Gold Policies
No upfront medical certificates/assessments
Cover up to 100 years of age
– Cruise and Bare Essential Policies Cover up to 79 years of age
What can travel insurance for America cover me for?
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses
- Trip cancellation for instances such as unforeseeable death, injury, or illness
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Trip interruption
- Lost bags or personal belongings
- Pregnancy cover for up to 30 weeks
- Unlimited dependent children up to the age of 18 insured for free**
- Coverage for 90 different sports and leisure activities including bungee jumping and snorkeling
- Option to upgrade your policy to include winter sports coverage
Please read our full insurance policy terms, provisos, exclusions, and conditions for full details regarding this coverage.
What i may not be covered for?
- Government warnings: check to make sure that any current Australian Government foreign travel warnings won’t affect your travel insurance coverage.
- Consumption of alcohol: claims that occur while you or a covered party is under the influence of alcohol or drugs will most likely be denied.
- Motorcycles & scooters: claims will be denied if you do not have a valid motorcycle license or if you forego wearing a crash helmet. Note that there is no cover for personal accident, personal liability, or damage to a rental motorbike for this activity.
- Unattended belongings: you will not be covered for any personal luggage or belongings if you leave them unattended in a public place such as a beach.
- High risk activities: InsureandGo policies automatically cover 90 different sports and activities, but make sure to check that your chosen activity is covered.
- Reporting incidents: be sure to report any instance such as theft or loss of belongings within 24 hours to the appropriate authority or risk your claim being denied.
- Natural disasters: to make a claim due to a natural disaster, you must have purchased InsureandGo’s policy upgrade option and the option must be shown on your policy. Note that there is no coverage for costs incurred relating to a natural disaster if an event is already known prior to purchasing a policy.
- Pre-existing medical conditions: InsureandGo considers all pre-existing medical conditions so long as they are reported at time of purchase. Failure to disclose any pre-existing medical conditions may void any claim relating to that condition.
- Note that you need to be in Australia at the time of purchasing your international comprehensive travel insurance. If you are overseas, we are unable to offer you a new policy. You may be eligible to extend the dates of your existing cover, so shoot us an email and find out.
American cruise coverage
If your trip includes any travel by cruise ship, then select cruise travel insurance to be covered for the land, air, AND CRUISE part of your journey. By cruise we refer to any travel on sea, ocean, or river by any commercially operated ship, boat, or other sea vessel for longer than two hours.
You will need to select the appropriate geographical travel plan designated for your travel destination, which incorporates all the countries you are travelling to. For cruises taking part in America, you would select the geographical travel plan labelled ‘Worldwide including North and South America and Antarctica’.
Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance for America
With fifty states in the U.S. to explore, one visit to America may not be enough. If you plan on more than one trip within the year, or are planning on another international getaway, you may wish to look into an InsureandGo Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy for your America holiday insurance. Just 2 or 3 times of travel a year may be enough to consider this type of policy.
An annual policy may cost you only slightly more than a single trip policy depending upon your selected destination.
Natural Disaster coverage for America
America is prone to several types of natural disasters with the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events projected to grow. Natural disasters which can occur in America include powerful hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, forest fires, landslides, and earthquakes. Thankfully InsureandGo offers an option to take out Travel Insurance for Natural Disasters to protect you in the event an unforeseen disaster should occur.
To make a claim due to a natural disaster, you must have purchased this policy upgrade option and the option must be shown on your policy. Please note that there is no coverage for costs incurred as a result of a natural disaster event that is known prior to purchasing or upgrading the policy. If there is a known natural disaster event, it will be mentioned prior to payment on our website and over the phone by our agents.
Note that medical cover due to any natural disaster is automatically included in all international policies without purchasing the Natural Disasters add-on.
Choose our Silver or Gold level of cover and you will be protected for cancelling your trip before departure or cutting your trip short. All levels of cover will include coverage for additional emergency expenses. These are expenses you incur after departure that are over and above what you had originally budgeted to pay, if your trip is disrupted, or you are required to return to your home in Australia because of a natural disaster. These expenses can include things such as accommodation, meals, or travelling costs.
Winter Sports coverage for America
America is a popular destination for winter sports, with numerous notable ski resorts such as Lake Tahoe, Aspen, Breckenridge, and Vail.
Winter in America starts December 21, and goes until March 20. Many ski resorts open as early as late October, and start measuring snowfall from November 1.The best destinations to visit in America for winter sports include Glacier National Park in Montana, the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, and resorts throughout Utah. Classic winter sports such as skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snow mobiling are popular in these regions, though those who head further north to destinations like Alaska might also partake in activities like dog sledding and ice fishing.
InsureandGo offers the option of adding Winter sports insurance with competitive pricing. Selecting this policy upgrade option will provide coverage for fourteen types of winter sports activities, including things like ski gear and ski passes.
Benefits of winter sports coverage:
- Medical evacuation from ski slopes
- Up to $600 cover for pre-booked lift passes and ski packs
- Up to $1250 cover for damage to your winter sports equipment
- 14 winter sports activities covered
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses
**Children (including fostered, or adopted children) travelling with either their parents or grandparents will be provided with travel insurance cover for no additional cost (any pre-existing medical conditions may incur an additional charge). This is provided they are under 18 years of age, named on the Policy Schedule and are financially dependent on either their parents or grandparents.