Pregnancy Travel Insurance
InsureandGo makes it easy to obtain pregnancy travel insurance for expectant mothers who wish to travel.
Protecting yourself with travel insurance is incredibly important, especially when you are pregnant. InsureandGo offers one of the most comprehensive policies when it comes to pregnancy travel insurance, covering you if you are expecting a single child or multiple babies who were conceived naturally or via reproductive services. Best of all is our policies start from just $27*
What we Cover
Here at InsureandGo we provide emergency childbirth coverage:
- Up until your 30th week, for a single child pregnancy
- Up until your 20th week, for a multiple child pregnancy
Emergency childbirth coverage includes the costs related to your birth and post-birth medical care; unfortunately at this stage we don’t offer any coverage for your baby.
Any medical expenses related to specific pregnancy-related complications (listed below) are covered even after the cut-off mark for childbirth coverage.
You will also have trip cancellation and pre-paid expenses coverage for medically certified pregnancy-related cancellations (under Silver and Gold policies). This means you are covered in the event you need to cancel your trip if you become pregnant after we have sold you your policy, and you will be more than 30 weeks pregnant (or 20 weeks if you are expecting more than one baby) at the start of or during your trip. You are also covered if your doctor advises that you are not fit to travel because you are suffering from complications of pregnancy and childbirth.
Any claim that comes from pregnancy or childbirth must have confirmation from a qualified medical practitioner which states the claim is due to complications of pregnancy and childbirth. Accepted limited complications are explicitly listed in your PDS.
These benefits are a summary, so please see our PDS for full terms & conditions.
Why Travel With Us?
Trip cancellation and pre-paid expenses for medically certified pregnancy-related cancellations
Policies from just 27*
Medical expenses related to specific pregnancy-related complications even after cut-off mark
1.6M travellers covered per year
Emergency delivery of baby up to 30 weeks (single) and 20 weeks (multiples)
24 hour emergency assistance
Complications of pregnancy and childbirth which we cover are limited to:
- Toxaemia (toxins in the blood)
- Gestational diabetes (diabetes arising as a result of pregnancy)
- Gestational hypertension (high blood pressure arising as a result of pregnancy)
- Pre-eclampsia (where you develop high blood pressure, carry abnormal fluid and have protein in your urine during the second half of pregnancy)
- Ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy that develops outside of the uterus)
- Molar pregnancy or hydatidiform mole (a pregnancy in which a tumour develops from the placental tissue)
- Post-partum haemorrhage (excessive bleeding following childbirth)
- Retained placenta membrane (part or all of the placenta is left behind in the uterus after delivery)
- Placental abruption (part or all of the placenta separates from the wall of the uterus)
- Hyperemesis gravidarum (excessive vomiting as a result of pregnancy)
- Placenta praevia (when the placenta is in the lower part of the uterus and covers part or all of the cervix)
- Emergency caesarean section
- A termination needed for medical reasons
- Premature birth more than 8 weeks (or 16 weeks if you know you are having more than one baby) before the expected delivery date
Pregnancy Cover Exclusions
Coverage for Babies: Unfortunately, our policies do not offer any cover for any children who are born overseas. We are unable to offer any cover for the baby even if you pay an additional premium in order to be covered.
Overseas Doctor’s Visits: Unfortunately we don’t cover standard pregnancy related doctor appointments, even if you become pregnant overseas.
Pregnancy & Childbirth Claims: You will not be covered for any claim that comes from pregnancy or childbirth, unless a qualified medical practitioner confirms that the claim comes from complications of pregnancy and childbirth.
Overseas Medical Treatment: Our policies offer unlimited hospital, medical and surgical expenses. For pregnancy, please note that we only cover the complications of pregnancy and childbirth only. Accepted limited complications are explicitly listed in your PDS.
Pregnancy Cover Within Australia: Our domestic policies do not cover any medical expenses incurred within Australia. This includes medical costs related to pregnancy. However, if you have purchased a policy that includes cancellation cover, you will be covered for cancellation due to a complication of pregnancy.
Cancelling Holiday Due To Zika Virus: As the Zika virus is now a known event, if you decide to cancel your trip as a result of this, you will not be covered.