A single return journey, from 3 to 365 days, that starts in Australia.
Domestic One-Trip Travel Insurance does not cover any medical and evacuation expenses incurred in Australia or whilst travelling on a cruise domestically or internationally. Therefore, if you are going on a cruise and would like to be covered for onboard medical expenses and evacuation then you must choose either our Cruise Travel Insurance or our Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance.
Please note we are currently not offering Cruise or Annual Multi-Trip Policies
A single return journey, from 3-365 days that starts in Australia and where the trip also includes travel on ships or other sea vessels.
Cruise option covers you for the land, air AND CRUISE part of your journey so you don’t need a single trip and a cruise policy if your whole trip or part of your trip involves any travel by cruise ship.
A 365 day policy that provides cover for multiple trips starting in Australia.
There are 3 options for maximum duration per trip, 30,45 and 60.
One trip departing from and returning to Australia, for up to a maximum of 540 days.
If you are taking a gap year, an adventure holiday or a round the world trip you may find our Backpacker product is more tailored for your needs.
InsureandGo will NOT cover any loss, injury, damage or legal liability arising directly or indirectly from travel in, to or through Afghanistan, Belarus, Crimea, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan, Syria, Chad, East Timor, Haiti, Lebanon, Liberia, North Korea, Pakistan, Russia, Somalia, Uganda, Ukraine, Venezuela, Yemen and Zimbabwe.
The South Pacific: Papua New Guinea, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji Islands, French Polynesia (including Tahiti), Kiribati, New Caledonia, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, New Zealand)
Worldwide exc USA:
If your destination is "Worldwide exc USA" you are covered Worldwide excluding USA, Canada, Mexico, Central & South America and Antarctica.
Worldwide inc USA:
If your destination is "Worldwide inc USA" you are covered Worldwide including USA, Canada, Mexico, Central & South America and Antarctica.
South Asia: Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Maldivas
South East Asia: Birmania, Brunei, Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia (Including Bali and Lombok), Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
East Asia: China, South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan
Domestic: Australia, Norfolk Island
Cruise Specific Destinations
Domestic cruises within Australian Territorial waters, or international waters, providing you do not stop at any international port. If you want to travel around Australia before your cruise departs, you will need to buy two separate policies, a Domestic single trip policy for the duration of your trip before boarding and a cruise trip policy for your cruise. (If you select the Domestic cruise policy your baggage will only by covered for a maximum of 72 hours before boarding)
(The Domestic cruise policy also provides cover for stopovers in Australian ports up to 48 hours)
Domestic, NZ and Pacific Cruise:
Cruises that include any Pacific destination and docks at any Australian port after departure (Including final port).
Asia and Domestic
Cruises that include any Asia destination and docks at any Australian port after departure (Including final port).
- If you have a multiple destination itinerary, you should select the travel plan for the destination where you will spend the majority of your trip overseas except where you will spend more than 48 hours of your trip in the continents of North America, South America or Antarctica.
- If you will spend more than 48 hours of your trip in the continents of North America, South America or Antarctica, then you should select the Worldwide Including Travel Plan.
- If you select the Domestic Cruise, Pacific and Domestic or the Asia and Domestic travel destination we will cover Medical and Evacuation expenses. With Medical expenses we mean expenses incurred on board relating to medical illness or injury assistance. We will also cover the repatriation or evacuation expenses if the medical practitioner has stated in writing that you are unfit to continue your trip due to medical illness or injury. This benefit does not apply to any medical treatment provided on Australian inland or whilst the ship is tied up in an Australian port. All other benefits included in your policy provide cover whilst your ship is docked in an Australian port for a maximum of 48 hours.
- If you select a cruise option, there is no cover for Section L (Rental Vehicle Excess Waiver) whilst your ship is in an Australian port.
Select whether you would like to purchase an insurance policy for an "Individual(s)" (which includes a group of individuals travelling together) or a "Couple or Family" policy (which is for couples or relatives travelling together). All travellers on a "Couple or Family" policy must be departing and returning to Australia together.
We are referring to the traveller’s age when you are buying this policy (Not when travelling). Please note all policy options are available between 50-100. Maximum trip durations vary depending on your age.
Sorry we can't give you quote online if one of the travellers is aged over 100
First traveller has to be aged over 18
Please indicate traveller's ages
First traveller has to be aged over 18
Cruise travel insurance
Australia’s travel insurance specialist, InsureandGo, offers peace of mind when it comes to travellers who love to cruise. With our tailored Cruise travel insurance, cruisers get all the benefits of the Single Trip policy^, plus additional inclusions that are unique to cruising, such as reimbursements for necessary expenses due to a cruise delay and more.
Our cruise insurance policy^ is available in three levels of cover; Bare Essentials, Silver and Gold, so you can choose coverage that suits your needs. All levels of cover provide you with access to an expansive global 24/7 emergency assistance network, with over 31,000 points of assistance across all continents, and an easy online claims process.
Why Travel With Us for a Cruise Trip?
Reimbursements for shore excursions that are cancelled/interrupted by the cruise liner
Missed cruise departure
Cabin confinement for medical reasons (with med cert.)
Missed port cover for weather/timetable restrictions
Cruise Travel Insurance from just $31**
Cruise Travel Insurance Benefits:
- Trip Cancelation Before Departure: If it is necessary to cancel your cruise, we will pay the unrecoverable travel costs and expenses. This is available in our Cruise Silver and Gold levels of cover, and you should consider purchasing cover as soon as you book your cruise, in case of cancellation.
- Missed Cruise Departure:Should you miss the scheduled departure of your pre-booked cruise from Australia due to events such as a transport accident, weather, or mechanical breakdown, we will cover you for necessary and reasonable additional accommodation and travelling expenses that are needed to continue with your original itinerary.
- Medical Expenses:We offer unlimited cover for necessary and reasonable medical expenses on board and onshore (outside of Australia) such as medical, surgical, hospital treatment and ambulance.
- Missed Port Cover: If your cruise never docks at a port during a trip due to adverse weather restrictions or mechanical breakdown, we will pay for each scheduled missed port. This is available in the Cruise Silver and Gold policies.
- Personal Belongings & Baggage:We provide coverage if your personal belongings are lost, stolen or damaged during your cruise, or up to 72-hours prior to your cruise departure in Australia.
- Reimbursements for Shore Excursions:If it is necessary for your cruise to be cancelled or cut short, you will be covered for the cost of excursions, tours and activities which you have paid for and which you cannot recover from any sources.
- Cabin Confinement:If you are confined to your cabin due to medical reasons as advised by a ship medical officer, InsureandGo will pay $75 for every 24 hours a passenger is confined up to the defined amount outlined in table of benefits in our Silver and Gold cruise policies.
- Cruise Delays:We will reimburse the cost of your necessary additional meals and accommodation expenses, if during a trip your departure by sea vessel is delayed for more than 12 hours. This cover is available in our Silver and Gold cruise policy and you will be reimbursed for each complete 12-hour period you are delayed.
- Emergency Medical Transportation:We provide cover for passengers, if they require urgent transportation to a medical facility or need to return home for emergency treatment.
These benefits are a summary, so please see our PDS for full terms & conditions.
Which destination to select for your cruise journey :
|New Zealand, Pacific and Bali||American Samoa, Bali, Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, New Caledonia, Niue, New Zealand, Pacific, Papua New Guinea, French Polynesia, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa, Lombok|
|Worldwide*** excluding North and South America and Antarctica||Worldwide excluding USA, Canada, Mexico, Central & South America and Antarctica.|
|Worldwide*** including North and South America and Antarctica||Worldwide including USA, Canada, Mexico, Central & South America and Antarctica (cruises only).|
|Asia||Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam only.|
|Domestic||Domestic cruises within Australian Territorial waters or International waters, providing you do not stop at any International port.|
|Domestic, The South Pacific, Norfolk Island, New Zeeland, Bali and Lombok Only||Cruises that include any Pacific destination, NZ or Bali and docks at any Australian port after departure.|
|Domestic and Asia||Cruises that include any Asia destination and docks at any Australian port after departure.|
Please note: Our policies do not cover claims arising directly or indirectly from travel in, to or through Afghanistan, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, East Timor, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, North Korea, Pakistan, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Uganda, Yemen and Zimbabwe.