Hurricane Dora – Hawaii: Where to now?
Category 4 Hurricane Dora has maintained its intensity as it passes well south of Hawaii, knocking down power lines and trees. That motion is expected to continue for the next several days.
If you have been directly affected by this event and need medical assistance, please call our 24-hour emergency assistance team immediately on +61 2 9333 3999. We further urge you to pay close attention to the local media and emergency services, including the DFAT Smart Traveller website.
Am I covered for Hurricane in Hawaii?
- If you purchased your policy after 12:00am (AEST) on 9th August 2023 you are not covered for claims arising from this event, even if you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy. However, we will assess your situation considering all aspects of the case.
- If you purchased your policy before 12:00am (AEST) on 9th August 2023 you are covered for claims arising from this event, provided that you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
If you wish to cancel or amend your pre-booked travel arrangements as a result of from the Hurricane in Hawaii, we recommend you contact your travel agent or travel provider regarding the best option in altering your trip. We understand some airlines are providing penalty-free options to amend travel arrangements, so we also recommend you contact your airline for further details.
Important Information: With the exception of any claim not related to circumstances around the Hurricane in Hawaii, you will not be covered for any claims related to this event if you did not purchase the natural disaster cover add-on, regardless of when you bought your policy.
This information must be read in conjunction with the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) as certain terms, conditions, limits, and exclusions apply. These terms, condition, limits and exclusions are detailed in the PDS and in particular we draw your attention to ‘Policy Upgrades and Amendments’ and ‘General Exclusions’ section of the PDS.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies