Eruption and Tsunamis from Hunga Tonga Hunga-Ha’apai volcano, Tonga affecting Pacific Island, Australia and New Zealand.
Are you currently affected by the eruption and tsunamis from Hunga Tonga Hunga-Ha’apai volcano? If so, read the below to learn more about how this natural disaster can affect your travels and coverage.
- If you purchased your policy after 9:00pm (AEDT) on 15th January 2021: you are not covered for claims arising from this event, even if you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
- If you purchased your policy before 9:00pm (AEDT) on 15th January 2021: Subject to the terms, conditions, limits, and exclusions contained in your Product Disclosure Statement (the “PDS”) and our assessment of your claim, there may be provision to claim for this event, provided that you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
Important note about medical coverage
Please note: medical expenses incurred due to natural disasters are automatically covered in all international policies, without having to purchase the natural disaster cover option.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies