Foot and Mouth Disease
Indonesia, including Bali, currently has an outbreak of foot and mouth disease affecting animals. Increased biosecurity measures are in place in Australian airports to prevent the disease spreading across our borders.
Follow Smartraveller’s advice to help minimise biosecurity risks to Australia when preparing to return.
Please read further information https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/asia/indonesia and https://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosecurity-trade/travelling/to-australia/advice-to-travellers#footandmouth-disease
InsureandGo policies generally exclude cover claims relating to Foot and Mouth Disease or any other outbreak of infectious diseases or any derivative or mutation of such viruses or diseases.
For example claims will not covered due to:
– the government introducing further biosecurity measures such as travel bans, enhanced travel warnings or border closures.
– a government authority seizing, withholding or destroying anything of yours
If you need to cancel or alter your planned trip we suggest you contact your airline, accommodation and tour providers immediately to assess your cancellation or rescheduling entitlements.
If you need to cancel your InsureandGo travel insurance policy and you have not travelled or made a claim you may be entitled to a refund as per the terms of your policy. If you cancel your policy within 14 days of purchase you will be entitled to a full refund. If you cancel your policy after 14 days from the date of purchase, you will be entitled to a proportion of the premium for the outstanding period of cover less any government charges and taxes that we cannot recover.
Please ensure you read the PDS for full details
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies