Covid-19 Omicron Variant
Please note if you choose to travel to a country whilst the Level 4 advice is in place there are no provisions to claim under your policy for any section.
If you planned to travel to those countries, we advise you to contact your airline, accommodation and tour providers immediately to assess your cancellation or rescheduling entitlements. Many airlines and accommodation providers have reacted to the Coronavirus outbreak by amending their cancellation policies for travellers.
On top of this, please pay close attention to the local media and emergency services, including the World Health Organisation (WHO).
InsureandGo policies generally exclude cover arising from or relating to COVID-19, however if you purchased after the 15th November 2021 limited coverage for Covid-19 is available in the specific event that:
- you are diagnosed with COVID-19 after you purchase this policy,
- your travelling companion is diagnosed with COVID-19 after you purchase this policy,
- your close relative is diagnosed with COVID-19 after you purchase the policy.
All other claims arising from or related to COVID-19 such as; government travel bans, “Do not travel” warnings; government directed border closures; or mandatory quarantines or self-isolation requirements related to cross border, region or territory travel remain excluded.
For more information about travel insurance and Pandemic Coverage, check this article published by Choice: https://www.choice.com.au/travel/money/travel-insurance/articles/travel-insurance-pandemic
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies