Record-breaking year for Singapore
A record number of visitors headed to Singapore in 2010, The Sydney Morning Herald has reported.
According to figures from the Singapore Tourism Board, visitor numbers totalled 11.6 million last year, an increase of 20 per cent compared to 2009.
Arrivals from Indonesia, China, Australia, Malaysia and India all increased year on year, and accounted for more than half of all visitors.
The opening of two luxury casino resorts in Singapore during 2010 is thought to have contributed to the rise in visitor numbers.
February last year saw the opening of the Resorts World Sentosa casino complex, while the Las Vegas Sands opened its doors three months later.
Australians hoping to head to Singapore in 2011 can cover their trip with a travel insurance policy from InsureandGo.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies