Aussies flock to LA
Los Angeles is proving to be a big hit with Australian tourists, News.com.au has reported.
According to the Los Angeles Convention and Visitors Bureau, 339,000 Aussies visited the city in 2010, 46 per cent more than in 2009.
This also makes Australia the top source of overseas visitors to Los Angeles, ahead of Britain and Japan.
Mark Liberman, president of the Los Angeles Convention and Visitors Bureau, commented, “Whenever I speak to hotels, theme parks or restaurants in our city, I receive so many positive comments about the Australians who visit and just how friendly they are.”
Bargain airfares and the strong Australian dollar are both thought to have contributed to the surge in visitors to L.A. from Down Under.
If you’re planning a trip to the States, InsureandGo can offer great value travel insurance to cover you.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies