Heat wave in UK and Europe – July 2022
Europe has been hit by extreme temperatures over the past week forcing authorities to issue the country’s first-ever red extreme heat warning.
Are you currently affected by this event?
If so, read the below to learn more about how this natural disaster can affect your travels and coverage.
• If you purchased your policy after 12:00pm (AEDT) on 19th July 2022: you are not covered for claims arising from this event, even if you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
• If you purchased your policy before 12:00pm (AEDT) on 19th July 2022: Subject to the terms, conditions, limits, and exclusions contained in your Product Disclosure Statement (the “PDS”) and our assessment of your claim, there may be provision to claim for this event, provided that you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
If you wish to cancel or amend your pre-booked travel arrangements as a result of this event, we recommend you contact your travel agent or travel provider regarding the best option in altering your trip. We understand some airlines are providing penalty-free options to amend travel arrangements, so we also recommend you contact your airline for further details.
Important Information: You will not be covered for any claims related to this event if you did not buy the natural disaster cover add-on, regardless of when you bought your policy.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies