Travel Insurance for Families – Choose Cover that Best Suits Your Family
Travelling with your family can be lots of fun and having the right cover can mean you won’t have to worry about those little, unexpected things while you’re on holiday. But what does family travel insurance really mean? And what are you covered for?
Children Go Free!^
At InsureandGo, your children (or grandchildren/dependents) go free^! This means your kids can be covered under your family insurance policy for no extra cost. Simply select an adult policy (for single, couple or family travel insurance cover) and you can include any number of children/dependents in your cover for free^.
- Children and dependents will receive most of the same benefits as listed in your policy
- Children and dependents must be under 18 years of age at the time of purchase
You’ll most likely want to do lots of fun things with your family while you’re away. If you’re planning on more than basic sightseeing, it’s important to make sure you are covered for all your planned activities and sports. You will usually find a list of included/excluded activities and sports in your Product Disclosure Statement
Popular and fun activities can include:
- Skiing and snow sports
- Horse riding, elephant riding or camel riding
- Go karting
- Indoor rock climbing
- Safaris and wildlife tours
- Kayaking or canoeing
- Need to check which activities or sports you are covered for? Find the full list of covered activities by checking the relevant PDS.
In some cases, you may not be automatically covered for your chosen activities, so you may need to upgrade your cover. If you are hiring equipment (like skiing equipment) you may also need additional cover for equipment damage and loss.
- Keep in mind that if you or your family members neglect to follow regulations regarding a certain activity, you will be exempt from your insurance cover
- If you are unsure about what activities or gear are included in your policy, speak to our travel insurance team about your family activities and sports prior to choosing your cover
Other Common Areas of Cover
Depending on your policy, you’ll also be covered under your family travel insurance package for common items, such as:
- Medical expenses and hospital expenses
- Trip delays or cancellations
- Emergency trips home
- Travel and baggage delays
Further Tips When Organising Family Travel Insurance
- Review the inclusions and limits in your policy to get a more comprehensive idea of what you are and aren’t covered for
- Note any excesses and exclusions, as well as any specific terms and conditions that could preclude you or your family from cover
- Don’t forget to check that all of your destinations are included in your cover!
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or contact our customer service agents before you buy for full details on the cover available for you and your family.
Choosing the right travel insurance for your family should be easy. At InsureandGo, we offer a range of competitive cover packages for families and activities. Learn more here or contact us on 1300 552 701.
^Children (including fostered, or adopted children) travelling with either their parents or grandparents will be provided with travel insurance cover for no additional cost (any pre-existing medical conditions may incur an additional charge). This is provided they are under 18 years of age, named on the Policy Schedule and are financially dependent on either their parents or grandparents.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies