Understanding the Different Levels of Cover at InsureandGo
InsureandGo offers three different levels of travel insurance cover for you to compare and review, based on the needs of your trip.
‘Bare Essentials’ is the simplest level of cover available at InsureandGo. Bare Essentials provides basic cover for:
- Medical and emergency expenses (but not hospital expenses)
- Baggage and belongings (but not valuables, like passports, mobile phones, tablets, cameras)
- Personal liability
You should keep in mind that Bare Essentials does not cover trip cancellations, hospital benefits, valuables and travel or baggage delays.
If you require a more inclusive level of cover, it may be in your best interests to upgrade your insurance to the Silver or Gold package or consider a specific sports, business or valuables upgrade only.
The ‘Silver’ package provides more comprehensive travel insurance cover for your trip. It is considered the next level of cover up from ‘Bare Essentials.’
The Silver package includes:
- Medical and hospital cover
- Trip cancellations and delays
- Loss or delay of baggage/belongings
- Valuables cover, including items like money, passports, phones, laptops
- Cover for personal liability and legal expenses
- Loss of income
- Rental vehicle excess waiver
The Silver level of cover is ideal for those who want a little more than just the basic cover.
The ‘Gold’ package is the most comprehensive level of cover offered by InsureandGo.
The Gold level of cover is similar to the Silver, but goes a step further to offer:
- Higher levels of cover in each insurance area (e.g. $50,000 instead of $15,000)
- Cover for the costs of returning home due to an emergency and the costs associated with resuming your trip overseas
- Compensation for additional areas, such as ongoing pet care if your travels are delayed
The Gold package has been designed to bring travellers the most comprehensive policy^ available at InsureandGo.
Unsure which level of cover you need? You can compare each travel insurance option by reviewing the areas and limits offered and the excesses payable.
For all of the packages above, InsureandGo can also provide you with additional upgrades for valuables, winter sports, business equipment and even golfing equipment.
For full details on each level of cover make sure to read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or contact our customer service agents before you buy to understand your options
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies