Travel insurance for Non-Permanent Resident
If you’re living in Australia as a non-resident, you may be able to purchase our affordable and comprehensive travel insurance policies should you wish to travel overseas or domestically.
With our travel insurance policies you’ll be backed by an expansive 24/7 assistance network with over 31,500 points of assistance across all continents.
InsureandGo is a multiple award winning travel insurance company, covering 1.6 million people annually.
Eligibility Requirements for Non-Permanent Resident Travel Insurance
- Non-permanent residents must have either a valid Medicare card, private health fund, or overseas student travel insurance in Australia. This must remain valid for the entire duration of your holiday.
- Your current Australian visa must remain valid beyond the period of your journey.
- Your trip must start in Australia.
- You need to be in Australia at the time of purchasing your insurance. If you are overseas, we are unable to offer you new or different insurance. You may be eligible to extend the dates of your existing cover, so email us and find out.
- Unfortunately, we do not offer any insurance for inbound travellers coming to Australia.
- You are covered for travelling to your home country even if it’s one way as long as it’s not one of our excluded countries.
Why Travel With Us?
Unlimited overseas medical expenses
All medical conditions considered online or over the phone
Unlimited cancellation cover in our Gold Policy
No upfront medical certificates required upon application
24 hour emergency assistance
14 day cooling off period
Why Purchase Non-Resident Travel Insurance in Australia vs. Insurance from Your Home Country?
In most of the cases, you are restricted to purchasing travel insurance from the country you are currently living in. That means if you are currently living in Australia as a non-permanent resident, then you can consider InsureandGo travel insurance policy in Australia.
Benefits of InsureandGo Policies
Our non-permanent resident travel insurance provides the same benefits to all customers regardless of residency as long as they meet the required criteria. Just some of the benefits include (depending on level of cover):
- Trip cancellation
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Flight cancellation and coverage for destruction of destination from natural disaster (with natural disaster cover option)
- Trip interruption
- Lost bags or personal belongings
Additional coverage options:
- Winter sports cover
- Adventure sports cover
Our policies considers all pre-existing conditions, which are any conditions for which you have received medical advice, treatment or medication in the last five years. To see if we cover your pre-existing condition, please complete our medical assessment online or over the phone. Please note, failing to declare a pre-existing condition can void your policy.
Other Reasons to Choose InsureandGo :
- Broad range of travel insurance policy options
- Different levels of cover to choose from
- Policy upgrades and excess options available to tailor your policy – Our standard excess amount is $100 but you can choose to remove or double this amount through the purchase process
- Quick and easy to buy your policy online
- Friendly and efficient customer service
- Cover for dependent children travelling with you on single or family policies at no extra cost**
- 90 sports and adventure activities automatically covered for FREE
- Fast, hassle-free claims process
- 24-hour emergency medical assistance line
**Children (including fostered, or adopted children) travelling with either their parents or grandparents will be provided with travel insurance cover for no additional cost (any pre-existing medical conditions may incur an additional charge). This is provided they are under 18 years of age, named on the Policy Schedule and are financially dependent on either their parents or grandparents.