Russia- Ukraine Military Conflict including Belarus area.
The Australian authorities issued a Level 4: Do Not Travel advisory for Russia, Ukraine and Belarus due to the ongoing conflict and the of continues threats of war.
- Russia on the 28th February 2022 citing “Do not travel to Russia due to the security environment and military conflict with Ukraine”.
- Ukraine on the 27th February 2022 citing ” Military action is underway in Ukraine”.
- Belarus on the 24th February 2022 citing ” Military action is underway in Ukraine”.
Does our Policy gives Coverage?
General Exclusion 11 and 13 applies under all policies and unfortunately there is no provision for any claim related to this event. For full details you should refer to the Product Disclosure Statement and Certificate of Insurance you received when you purchased your travel insurance.
We refer you to “GENERAL EXCLUSIONS” under ‘General exclusions apply to all sections of this policy.”
What you are not covered for
- Any claim arising out of war, civil war, invasion, insurrection, revolution, use of or threatened use of military power, usurpation of government or military power.
- Any claim resulting from you travelling in, to, from or through a country or area included on the list of countries not recommended by the Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – http://www.smartraveller.gov.au or those countries subject to an embargo from the UN Security Council or from any other international organization to which Australia belongs, as well as events occurring in any international conflicts or interventions involving the use of force or coercion.
If You Are Currently Travelling:
Please consider your safety first, follow advice from local authorities and the advice issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) via its website (https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/europe/ukraine).
If you have been injured as a result of the military conflict and need medical advice or emergency medical assistance please contact Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). You can also contact our 24-hour Emergency Assistance team, your case will be reviewed on a case by case basis to assess the level of assistance we can offer in the region.
For Travel Arrangements Claims including Cancellation, Curtailment or Emergency Expenses:
- If you are looking to change your travel arrangements we recommend you contact your travel agent or travel provider regarding the best option in altering your trip. Some travel providers may provide penalty free options to amend travel arrangements, contact them directly for details.
- If you have any other queries about your policy benefits please contact our InsureandGo Assistance and Claims Line on +61 2 9333 3902 where we can help you with any inquiry.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies