Eruption on Mount Semeru
If you’re currently affected by the volcanic eruption on Mount Semeru in Indonesia, then please read these FAQs – if after reading you’re still unsure about your situation, please get in touch.
The eruption on Mount Semeru is considered and known event as of 9:00pm (AEDT) on 4th December 2021.
Am I covered for the eruption on Mount Semeru?
- If you purchased your policy after 9:00pm (AEDT) on 4th December 2021 you are not covered for claims arising from this event, even if you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
- If you purchased your policy before 9:00pm (AEDT) on 4th December 2021 you are covered for claims arising from this event, provided that you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
Please note: medical expenses incurred due to natural disasters are automatically covered in all international policies, without having to purchase the natural disaster cover option.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies