Cyclone Mitag: where to now?
If you’re currently affected by Cyclone Mitag, then please read these FAQs – if after reading you’re still unsure about your situation, please get in touch.
This event is considered a known event from 29th September 2019 at 8:00pm (AEST) and therefore, any claims arising from this event are not covered.
Am I covered for Cyclone Mitag?
- If you purchased your policy after 8:00pm (AEST) on 29th September 2019 you are not covered for claims arising from Cyclone Mitag, even if you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
- If you purchased your policy before 8:00pm (AEST) on 29th September 2019 you are covered for claims arising from Cyclone Mitag, provided that you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
Please note: medical expenses incurred due to natural disasters are automatically covered in all international policies, without having to purchase the natural disaster cover option.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies