Bushfires in California: where to now?
If you’re currently affected by the bushfires in California in the USA, then please read these FAQs – if after reading you’re still unsure about your situation, please get in touch.
There are severe bushfires in California, USA. This event is considered a known event from 10th of November 2018, 6.30pm (AEST) and therefore, any claims arising from this event are not covered.
Am I covered for the bushfires in California?
- If you purchased your policy after 6.30pm (AEST) on 10th of November 2018 you are not covered for claims arising from the bushfires in California, even if you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
- If you purchased your policy before 6.30pm (AEST) on 10th of November 2018 you are covered for claims arising from the bushfires in California, provided that you purchased natural disaster cover as an add on to your policy.
Please note: medical expenses incurred due to natural disasters are automatically covered in all international policies, without having to purchase the natural disaster cover option.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies