More Aussies heading to New Zealand
The number of Australians travelling to New Zealand is continuing to increase, the New Zealand Herald has reported.
According to figures from Statistics NZ, in the year to November 2010 New Zealand welcomed just over one million Australian visitors, an increase of 4 per cent on the previous year.
Australians are also accounting for a larger percentage of visitors overall, now representing nearly half of all visitors to New Zealand compared to 37 per cent back in 2006.
A favourable exchange rate, along with the rise of several low cost carriers, has contributed to the increase, industry experts have claimed.
InsureandGo offers great value travel insurance to Australian residents travelling to New Zealand.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies