InsureandGo provides cover for fourteen types of Winter Sports activities, and even things like ski gear, passes and avalanche cover.
We do not automatically cover winter sports in our policies, as that would drive up our prices, and we aim to keep our premiums as affordable as possible. Instead, we offer the option of adding winter sports insurance, at a competitive rate. There are limits and exclusions, so please check the product disclosure statement and search for key words (ctrl+F).
Why Travel With Us for a Winter Sports?
Medical evacuation from ski slopes
Up to $600 cover for pre-booked ski packs and up to $500 for lift passes
Up to $1,250 cover for damage to your winter sports equipment
14 Winter Sports activities covered
Unlimited overseas medical expenses
24 hour emergency assistance
Wintersports Travel Insurance from just $50*
1.6 Million travelleres covered per year
Largest Online Travel Insurance Company in the World
Most Common Questions
1. Do you cover me if the slopes don’t open?
If all the lift systems are closed at your pre-booked resort for more than 12 hours while you are there, as a result of snow or high winds, then yes, you are covered.
3. Do you cover snow boarding?
With winter sports cover, you are covered for medical expenses related to snowboarding, but we don't cover permanent disablement or personal liability for this activity.
5. Do you cover my equipment if gets damaged?
With winter sports cover, items such as ski, poles, ski boots and bindings, ski helmets, snowboards and bindings are covered up to up to $600 per item/set, up to $1250 in total. We don't cover equipment that's damaged while in use.
7. Does having the winter sports cover, cover me for anything that can go wrong on my trip related to winter sports?
Our premiums would be astronomical if we could do that! There are limits and exclusions to all travel insurance policies, so we strongly advise you to read our product disclosure statement (or search [ctrl+F] for key words to check limits and exclusions) to see if our product is right for you.
2. If I don’t pay the additional premium am I covered for medical expenses?
You will need to add the winter sports cover option to be covered for medical expenses you may incur as a result of participating in winter sports activities.
4. Do you cover off-piste skiing?
Yes, off-piste skiing is covered provided you are with a professional snow sports instructor who has a backcountry and mountain safety qualification (mandatory for level 4 instructors).
6. Can I take out winter sports for domestic policies?
Yes, all the benefits apply, with the exception of medical realted ones. That's covered by Medicare and private health inurance.
Follow us to keep up to date with competitions, giveaways and all things travel
InsureandGo is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by 10038 customers.
* Price derived from a single trip of 5 days, individual, age 30, to New Zealand, Pacific & Bali region. Cover for pre-existing medical may require an extra premium.
* Price derived from a single trip of 5 days, Individual, age 30, to New Zealand, Pacific & Bali region. Cover for pre-existing medical may require an extra premium.