It's no secret that our favourite country on earth is this one. So whether you're planning a city break, or a beach escape, it's important to get cover.
Our domestic travel insurance policy provides comprehensive cover for an affordable price. If you're going away as a family, we can cover all your children (under 18) at no extra charge. We also include free cover for 40 sports and activities like bungee jumping, and water skiing.
Why Travel With Us for a Domestic Trip?
Baggage covered up to $8,000 with Gold policies
Rental vehicle excess waiver cover up to $5,000 with Gold policies
Cancellation cover up to $25,000 with Gold policies
Travel delay cover up to $1,500 with Gold policies
Curtailment cover for pre-paid hotels/trips up to $25,000
Cover for stolen cash up to $500 with Gold policies
Policies from just 35*
Largest Online Travel Insurance Company in the World
1.6M travellers covered per year
Most Common Questions
1. Why do I need cover for domestic trips?
Domestic insurance can cover you for cancellation of your trip due to an unforeseen accident, illness or injury.
3. Does your insurance cover damage to a rental car?
Our Silver and Gold policies cover your rental car excess up to $5,000 in Domestic policies. However, you need to make sure that the rental car is insured (confirmed by the rental company), as we do not pay for full damages to a rental car, only your excess. Please note, motorbikes are excluded.
5. Is Norfolk Island domestic?
Yes, as of 1st July 2016 Norfolk Island is now considered a domestic territory.
2. Do you cover pre-existing medical conditions for domestic policies?
We do not offer medical coverage on domestic policies, that's covered by Medicare and private health inurance. We offer limited compensation for permanent disablement or death with Silver and Gold policies.
4. We are going on a domestic cruise, are we covered for this?
Yes, if you select a Cruise policy with your destination as Domestic.
6. Do you cover flight delays after departure?
Under the InsureandGo Silver and Gold levels of cover, we will reimburse the cost of your necessary additional meals and accommodation expenses, if during a trip, any individual leg of your trip, is delayed for more than 12 hours.
The amount you can claim varies depending on the level of cover that you have purchased with us. Please refer to the policy wording documents for more information.
Follow us to keep up to date with competitions, giveaways and all things travel
InsureandGo is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by 10038 customers.
* Price derived from a single trip of 5 days, individual, age 30, to New Zealand, Pacific & Bali region. Cover for pre-existing medical may require an extra premium.
* Price derived from a single trip of 5 days, Individual, age 30, to New Zealand, Pacific & Bali region. Cover for pre-existing medical may require an extra premium.