Hong Kong Protests: Where to now?
Mass protests in Hong Kong have resulted in travel disruptions, and represent a threat for visiting tourists and travellers. There has been continued clashes between protesters and police across the country which could escalate at any point, affecting travel activities.
Please keep up to date with advice from DFAT on the smartraveller.gov.au website, and consider your safety first following advice of local authorities.
Please also refer to your Product Disclosure Statement for the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply.
This situation is considered a known event as of 12th August, 2019.
Am I covered for the Hong Kong protests?
- If you purchased your policy after 12.00am (AEST) on 12th of August 2019, you are not covered for claims arising from this event.
- If you purchased your policy before 12.00am (AEST) on 12th of August 2019, you are covered for claims arising from this event.
Please note: medical expenses incurred due to natural disasters are automatically covered in all international policies, without having to purchase the natural disaster cover option.
InsureandGo? Here's why...
- Award winning travel insurance company
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Cover up to 100 years old
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses cover
- Unlimited cancellation in our Gold policies