Travel insurance for skiing, snowboarding & other winter sports

It’s time to hit the slopes again for some winter sports fun. At InsureandGo we want you to relax and enjoy this time with your family and friends. So make sure you have the right travel insurance in case of resort closures, unexpected medical emergencies, damage to your ski equipment or other travel surprises.

Why Travel With Us?

  • Unlimited medical expenses in all overseas policies
  • Cover for pre booked lift passes & ski packs in the event of cancellation
  • Cover for damages to your ski/snowboarding and other equipment
  • Up to $600 cover for your pre-booked lift passes and ski packs
  • Cover for ski piste and resort closure
  • 24hr emergency assistance

Most Common Questions

1. Do you cover us if the slopes don’t open?

Our Silver If all the lift systems are closed at your pre-booked resort for more than 12 hours while you are there, as a result of snow or high winds, then yes, you are covered.

3. Do you cover snow boarding?

With winter sports cover, you are covered for medical expenses related to snowboarding.

5. Do you cover my equipment if gets damaged?

With winter sports cover, items such as ski, poles, ski boots and bindings, ski helmets, snowboards and bindings are covered up to up to $600 per item/set, up to $1250 in total. We don't cover equipment that's damaged while in use.

7. Does having the winter sports cover, cover me for anything that can go wrong on my trip related to winter sports?

Our premiums would be astronomical if we could do that! There are limits and exclusions to all travel insurance policies, so we strongly advise you to read our product disclosure statement (or search [ctrl+F] for key words to check limits and exclusions) to see if our product is right for you.

2. If I don’t pay the additional premium am I covered for medical expenses?

You will need to add the winter sports cover option to be covered for medical expenses you may incur as a result of participating in winter sports activities.

4. Do you cover off-piste skiing?

Yes, off-piste skiing is covered provided you are with a professional snow sports instructor who has a backcountry and mountain safety qualification (mandatory for level 4 instructors).

6. Does your insurance cover damage to a rental car?

Our Gold policies cover your rental car excess up to $8,000 on International policies and up to $7,500 on Domestic policies. However, you need to make sure that the rental car is insured (confirmed by the rental company), as we do not pay for full damages to a rental car, only your excess. Please note, motorbikes are excluded.

InsureandGo is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by 10038 customers.

Get detailed information on what is covered in our ski travel insurance policy - here to ensure you choose the policy suitable to your needs and travel plans.