Travel Insurance for Families – Choose Cover that Best Suits Your Family
Travelling with your family can be lots of fun and having the right cover can mean you
won’t have to worry about those little, unexpected things while you’re on holiday.
But what does family travel insurance really mean? And what are you covered for?
Children Go Free!
At InsureandGo, your children (or grandchildren/dependents) go free! This means your kids
can be covered under your family insurance policy for no extra cost. Simply select an adult
policy (for single, couple or family travel insurance cover) and you can include any number
of children/dependents in your cover for free.
- Children and dependents will receive most of the same benefits as listed in your policy
- Children and dependents must be under 18 years of age at the time of purchase
You’ll most likely want to do lots of fun things with your family while you’re away. If you’re
planning on more than basic sightseeing, it’s important to make sure you are covered for all your
planned activities and sports. You will usually find a list of included/excluded activities and
sports in your Product Disclosure Statement
Popular and fun activities can include:
- Skiing and snow sports
- Horse riding, elephant riding or camel riding
- Go karting
- Indoor rock climbing
- Safaris and wildlife tours
- Kayaking or canoeing
- Need to check which activities or sports you are covered for? Find the full list here
In some cases, you may not be automatically covered for your chosen activities, so you may need
to upgrade your cover. If you are hiring equipment (like skiing equipment) you may also need additional
cover for equipment damage and loss.
- Keep in mind that if you or your family members neglect to follow regulations regarding a certain
activity, you will be exempt from your insurance cover
- If you are unsure about what activities or gear are included in your policy, speak to our travel
insurance team about your family activities and sports prior to choosing your cover
Other Common Areas of Cover
Depending on your policy, you’ll also be covered under your family travel insurance package for common
items, such as:
- Medical expenses and hospital expenses
- Trip delays or cancellations
- Emergency trips home
- Travel and baggage delays
Further Tips When Organising Family Travel Insurance
- Review the inclusions and limits in your policy to get a more comprehensive idea of what you are
and aren’t covered for
- Note any excesses and exclusions, as well as any specific terms and conditions that could preclude
you or your family from cover
- Don’t forget to check that all of your destinations are included in your cover!
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or contact our customer service agents before you buy
for full details on the cover available for you and your family.
Choosing the right travel insurance for your family should be easy. At InsureandGo, we offer a range of
competitive cover packages for families and activities. Learn more here or contact us on 1300 552 701.
Get a quote
+612 9333 3999
Non emergency claims:
1300 550 396
- Global brand covering over 1.6 million travellers per year.
- Get a quote in seconds
- Cover up to the age of 100
- 24 hours emergency assistance
- All medical conditions considered
- Quick and easy claims process